The following warranty policy applies to all piston machines and piston pumps sold under the Detroit Air brand name imported by UAG Hardwares. Warranties are valid from date of purchase and documents reflecting date of purchase must accompany the completed warranty claim form in order to be processed.
The pump is warrantied against factory defect for a period of two years only.
This warranty covers catastrophic mechanical failure, due to poor workmanship or defective parts and/or materials. Fair wear and tear excluded.
This includes failure of:
- Valve assemblies
- Main bearings
- Big-end and small-end bearing shells and bushings
- Shaft seals
- Gudgeon pin and clip assemblies
- Crank-shaft assembly
- Crank case
- Motor bearings
- Pressure switch
- Oil level glass
Engines, being as complex as they are, will need to be checked and evaluated accordingly. Engines require clean fuel, air and oil to run properly. A lack of any one of these can lead to serious damage that will not be warrantied. Faulty engines need to be returned to us for evaluation or evaluated by an independent third party. Findings of the third party need to be documented and supported by real conclusive evidence. In the rare case of a factory fault, the engine will be repaired or replaced under warranty.
ELECTRICAL MOTORS, CONTRACTORS & SWITCHGEAR
Electrical systems, parts and components are not covered against anything other than factory fault. In the case of motors, only bearings will be covered. If it can be shown that any electrical system has failed due to factory manufacturing defect, management will replace that faulty part only. All electrical warranty claims will be considered on their merits such as, but not limited to, failure type, usage conditions, hours of operation in relation to date of purchase and influencing factors.
Parts not covered:
- Pipes between heads
- Delivery pipes
- Non-return valve
- Safety valves
- Drain valves
- Ball valves
- Direct online starter
- Air filters
Situations not covered, but not limited to the following
- Where it can be shown that installation procedure has not been followed, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that servicing has not been carried out, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that failure was due to low and/or contaminated oil, no warranty will be offered.
- Where it can be shown that the machine overheated due excessive duty cycle or lack of cooling due to incorrect installation, no warranty will be offered…
Situations covered, but not limited to the following
- Where it can reasonably be shown that the machine has been installed and maintained properly, a warranty will be given.
- Where it can reasonably be shown that the machine failed prematurely or from new, a warranty will be given.
Should a failure occur just out of the prescribed warranty period, management will consider all merits of the claim and may or may not honour the warranty.
Each warranty claim will be taken on its own merits and honoured or rejected at the discretion of management. Our goal is to offer you a trouble-free warranty period, we will do our best to ensure your machinery keeps running based on a good warranty and support policy.
This warranty policy applies, in conjunction, to our general terms of service which are available on request.